1. Start off your flat twists by sectioning off your head in at least 5 sections
2. Grab a piece from the front of one of the sections and split it into two pieces.
3. Take the piece on the right and twist it over the piece on the left.
4. Grab more hair from the section and add it to the right strand, and twist it over the piece on the left.
5. With the new right strand, that was on the left before you twisted the piece over in the last step, gather a little bit of hair and twist over to the left.
6. Repeat these steps until you have no more hair to collect and at that point, continue twisting the two strands around each other until you reach the end of your hair.
7. Congratulations, you did a flat twist!
From here, you can go in a few directions.
You can wear the look twisted down to the ends and use styling wax to seal the ends.
Or, you can pull the untwisted bits into a low pony and slay away.